Lead Based Paint Renovator Instructions & Qualifications
The Lead Based Paint training and certification process requires initial training
and accreditation and yearly re-registration. Every three years the individual must take a refresher course in their respective disciplines to maintain
accreditation. The general steps for accreditation in Alabama are as follows:
- Register and pass an Initial training class from an Alabama-approved training provider.
- Individuals seeking accreditation will need to print and mail the application to our
- Upon Approval you will receive a Safe State ID card.
- Once an individual’s certification is obtained through Safe State, the renovator company
is required to obtain certification from the ADPH.
- The ADPH handles in the field enforcement of the regulations and they will be auditing
records, performing site inspections, and responding to complaints or requests.
- The company registration is $300 per year. Call the ADPH at (800) 819-7644 to make
an application for company certification or follow the ADPH Links
Email for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-421-7141