For professionals seeking lead based paint certification in Alabama, the Alabama Department of Public Health requires all individuals who engage in lead-based paint inspection, risk assessment, abatement and renovation activities to be accredited by UA SafeState Environmental Programs.
To learn more about lead based paint renovator certification, click here
Not sure if you perform Lead Abatement or Lead Renovation? – Learn More!
Lead Based Paint Abatement Certification Process:
Step 1 – Complete Training. Ensure all applicants have successfully completed their most recent training from one of Alabama’s approved trainers. See list of approved training providers using the lists below.
Step 2 — Pass 3rd Party Exam – Only applies to lead inspector, lead risk assessor, and lead supervisor. See below for more information.
Step 3 – Apply for individual lead abatement certification.
- Ensure you meet the Lead Based Paint Certification Qualification Requirements
- Apply online (“Online Application” crimson button at top left of this page) or Request a copy of .pdf application (English and Spanish applications available) from Program Specialist, Rhonda Hester (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Step 4 – Submit payment. Once application is submitted, the applicant can mail a check/money order, or UA SafeState will contact the applicant for payment.
- Application Process time – When submitted and all required documents received, application review and processing may take up to 30 days.
- Once processed, the applicant will receive credentials via email and be issued a UA SafeState ID card and certificate via mail.
Step 5 – Firm Certification. Certify your firm with the Alabama Department of Public Health. Apply for the Lead Abatement Firm Certification here
APPROVED ABATEMENT TRAINING PROVIDERS
- LBP INSPECTOR INITIAL
- LBP INSPECTOR REFRESHER
- LBP RISK ASSESSOR INITIAL
- LBP RISK ASSESSOR REFRESHER
- LBP SUPERVISOR INITIAL
- LBP SUPERVISOR REFRESHER
- LBP WORKER INITIAL
- LBP WORKER REFRESHER
- LBP WORKER INITIAL (SPANISH)
- LBP WORKER REFRESHER (SPANISH)
- LBP PROJECT DESIGNER INITIAL
- LBP PROJECT DESIGNER REFRESHER
EPA 3RD PARTY CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION (Applies to Inspector, Risk Assessor, and Supervisor Disciplines)
- APPLICATION & SCHEDULE
- DIRECTIONS TO FERGUSON CENTER PARKING DECK
- DIRECTIONS TO TESTING CENTER FROM PARKING DECK
Training course accreditation is also required for training programs in these disciplines. Training providers seeking to offer courses for approval in Alabama should contact Ashley Chambers (email@example.com) for instructions on the application process and approval schedule.
Rhonda Hester, Environmental Program Specialist
(205) 348-4829 or (800) 421-7141 firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashley Chambers, Manager of Environmental Services
(205) 348-9761 or (800) 421-7141 email@example.com