Alabama Asbestos Contractor Accreditation Program
Accreditation is required by the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) to perform asbestos related activities within the state. State and federal laws require accreditation in all other related disciplines.
Effective February 1, 2019 the revised asbestos accreditation program regulations will take affect (Chapter 822-X-2). Individuals should be sure to use the updated application forms. The new rule can be accessed below. The primary revisions include:
- The addition of rules and definitions to allow trainers to create and offer online or webinar based courses.
- Removal of the requirement for applicants to submit original training certificates, allowing for acceptance of copies. (training still must be independently verified through the training provider)
- Increase in Training Provider re-accreditation fees.
- Increase in Individual application fees
Updated individual applications should be provided by the training providers during your training class. You may also request a copy of the application form from Rhonda Hester (email@example.com)
|Inspector/ Management Planner Combined||$240|
|Worker (English or Spanish)||$ 50|
FIRM APPLICATION- Submit to ADEM
INSTRUCTIONS & QUALIFICATIONS
APPROVED ASBESTOS TRAINING PROVIDERS
- INSPECTOR INITIAL
- INSPECTOR REFRESHER
- SUPERVISOR INITIAL
- SUPERVISOR REFRESHER
- WORKER INITIAL
- WORKER INITIAL (SPANISH)
- WORKER REFRESHER
- WORKER REFRESHER (SPANISH)
- MANAGEMENT PLANNER INITIAL
- MANAGEMENT PLANNER REFRESHER
- PROJECT DESIGNER INITIAL
- PROJECT DESIGNER REFRESHER
Training course accreditation is also required for training programs that train workers, supervisors, inspectors, management planners, and project designers. Training providers seeking to offer courses for approval in Alabama should contact Michael Rasbury (firstname.lastname@example.org) for instructions on the application process and approval schedule.
Rhonda Hester, Office Associate Sr.
(205) 348-4666 or (800) 421-7141 email@example.com
Contact for questions regarding training course accreditation
Michael Rasbury, Associate Director
(205) 348-3967 or (800) 421-7141 firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact for questions regarding certification of asbestos abatement contracting firms
with the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM):
Don Barron, (334) 271-7879
Melanie Nabors, (334) 271-7897
Or email: email@example.com